My Grandpa Baird passed away just over 2 years ago. I miss him a lot and think about him constantly. He was a carpenter, a very good carpenter. He was known for his cabinets and stair casings. I haven't been back to his shop for many years so I decided I wanted to go see it and get some wood to make Emmry a doll crib for her birthday.
My Grandma is still trying to sell the shop and is also trying to sell everything in it (machinery, tools, wood, etc.) It is sad to see all the things that made my Grandpa so happy just disappear. I took a simple screwdriver off one of the tables, held it in my hand and thought to myself, "Grandpa used this." I know to everyone else who looks at it and will use it knows that it is just a screwdriver, but to me it is a tool that was used by a great man. A man that took a lot of pride in his work and made everything perfect.
Grandpa,
Thanks for watching over me and my family. I know you are working hard on the other side.
I love you.
2 comments:
I loved this post! It means a lot to us!
Oh thanks Cherice!! That means a lot to me that you made this post... we sure miss him and love him so much!
Post a Comment