Friday, March 16, 2012

1st Swim

We kicked off the weekend and in prep for spring break next week with our 1st swim of the year today!
The pool was heated so it wasn't so bad. Although once we got out it was a bit chilly.
Tage jumped right in and I swear I saw his fins pop out from hiding. Emmry on the other hand was hesitant and liked the edge of the pool and then became comfortable with the first 1-2 steps.
Once I got home I began to think of people I knew who taught swim lessons so I could put Emmry in them. I talked with my friend Leslie and she recommended a lady she loves and has her girls in with names Bonnie. Anyway, I called Bonnie and am on her waiting list. Yep, she has a waiting list already! I'm hopeful to get Emmry in the last 2 weeks of May. Once I hung up with Bonnie I realized I didn't even ask how much she charges or what method of teaching she uses so I called Leslie and asked her. So it's $50 for 2 weeks. Oops, I didn't ask if it was everyday.....and I think they are 30 minute lessons......man I'm scatter brained today. But get this. Oh my, oh my, oh my. She uses the drop in method! EEK! I don't think I can do that! But I do know for positive that I sure as heck can't watch it! As of now she is still on the waiting list. I have heard good things about the drop in method. Those 5 seconds with them struggling before they are picked up have got to be the longest 5 seconds of my life I can tell you that already. But I guess it's true, if a child falls into the pool they are going to be shocked, freaked out and scared. There is no dinkin' around wasting my time and money with blowing bubbles. It's all about survival and safety here.
 
Wish me luck! I'm sure I will need it!

No comments: