Tage started 4th grade today.
He looks so grown up. Maybe it's the long hair? Maybe it's the attitude on his face? Maybe it's because he really is growing up right before my eyes.
With having a baby just 3 days ago, let's just say Tage got the short end of the stick and didn't get his 'back-to-school' shopping done. Last night I was rummaging through the boxes in my craft/sewing room trying to find at least a notebook and pencil for him to take to school. The trip to Target was going to have to wait.
Tage was watching T.V when I was telling him that he would just need to write down everything that he would need in the notebook I found and that I was sorry he didn't have all the supplies along with no new clothes, backpack or anything. I had to ask him if he heard me and to pay attention to me and not the T.V. He said that he heard me and that it was ok and didn't matter.
That just shows you how different boys are than girls. Boys could care less about all that stuff. As long as they had clothes that didn't smell like they came out of the hamper and a notebook and pencil they were good. Girls on the other hand, spend hours the night before (or perhaps weeks before) organizing their new folders labeled by subject and laying out their new clothes for the whole first week of school and then would set their alarm 2 hours before they would need to leave for school just to make sure they were ready and on time for their big day. Sheesh. Glad Tage is a boy. I wouldn't have been able to handle all that with just having a baby.
Anyway, I could tell Tage was a bit nervous this morning seeing that he is at a new school and doesn't know anyone. I just hope and pray this will be a good year for him. He has had alot of change within the past couple months with the move, new baby, and now a new school and friends to make. I hope that he will adjust quickly and be ok.
Good luck this year Tager. I love you,
Mom.
Seven Minutes
3 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment