Sunday, September 23, 2012

Run away time

I ran away and kidnapped my own kids! Ok, not really because I told Tyson I was leaving and told him I would let him know where I ended up at. So technically that's not kidnapping, but the running away part could be true.

Now let's be honest. We are not always the happy family you might think we are. We have arguments, we have fights. We have yelling and slamming of  doors. Heck, Tage has been known to throw rocks at me (the door). But don't worry, nobody got hurt and no were windows broken. We all have different challenges in our marriages and families. One of mine is Tage. Sometimes I feel like giving up on being a step mom. It's hard. Dang hard sometimes. And yesterday I had had enough so I ran away.

I went North to Flagstaff to get out of the heat (74 beautiful, overcast degrees!!!). We had a picnic at Mary's Lake, stopped to see some horses we noticed off the side of the road and played at the park. It was a wonderful day. A much needed escape! And Emmry thoroughly enjoyed the day outside rather than being cooped up indoors because I don't want to hang out in the heat all day.








1 comment:

Jennifer said...

In some of those pictures I think Emmry looks JUST like you! Love it!