Friday, April 25, 2014

april. 25. Wheat grass

Funny story about wheat grass....
For a RS activity I am going to grow wheat grass for the centerpieces. But first I needed to go buy wheat grass seed.
I went to Home Depot yesterday and asked where wheat grass was. They looked confused and I told them the it was the kind that you can grow then juice it and drink it and it was very healthy and beneficial. The man looked at me weird and said, "you mean smoke it?" NO! Its WHEAT grass not weed. sheesh! I left home depot and later last night I went to Sprouts whole food grocery store. for sure they would have stuff for wheat grass. That guy there looked at me funny too and said that they didn't have any seed but they had a huge flat of already grown wheat grass for $15. Nope, not gonna help.
I called my friend who has grown wheat grass before and asked her where I find the seed......low and behold its just wheat kernals! Ya know- the little brown rice looking seed wheat is before you grind it into flour....yep. that's it!
So I got a couple cups of wheat and soaked them in a bowl of water overnight.
Today I planted it and in just a few days I will have little sprouts of wheat grass growing!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love this idea! I hope ours grows.