Well, I go to drop him off and come to find out that it was rock climbing!! Mom looked at the wrong day!!!! Bowling is NEXT Tuesday!! UGH!! Tage was DEVASTATED!! I tried to convince him to go rock climbing (it's at a rock climbing gym, not outside, thank goodness.) but he didn't want to go, only bowling. He went over to a corner table, pulled out his summer folder to work on a page and looked SO sad. I felt SO bad! I tried to comfort him and I could see tears welling up in his eyes. I told him that we will have to go bowling as a family this week sometime. He agreed. Now that I was going to be late for work, I ran out the door.
I got to work (late) and the schedule looked light. I told everyone what a horrible mother I was and they all suggested that I take the day off and take Tage bowling. The Dr. was fine with it so I surprised Tage and took him bowling! When I walked in he was actually not happy to see me, confused of course. He now was sad that he couldn't go to Ms. Brandi's house (the babysitter) and play with Matthew. I can't win!!
Brandi and her kids ended up coming bowling with us and Tage had a blast!

Notice Tage still wanted to wear his summer rec shirt!



After bowling we had pizza at the pool with a few other Moms. It was a busy, but fun day yesterday!

2 comments:
You are an amazing mom!! Way to go to redeem yourself! Your little family is so cute!
Yeah! I ws hopeing you would post about bowling! I can't wait until Lincoln is old enough for stuff like that. (I think I say that a lot on your blog, you guys do such fun stuff though.)
Post a Comment