I give 100% credit of this project idea to my good friend, Karolyn. She is such a cute, smart, creative, and amazing mother!
Tages summer folder includes:
*a monthly calendar of the summer months. This he can write down his own events of what he has going on, crossing off each day, and also just tells him what day it is because he has to write that on his journaling and math pages.
*a page to write his books he has read on. Once he reads 10 books he gets a treat. This could be an ice cream cone, picking something out at the dollar spot at Target, or anything he wants that is about 1 buck.
*a graphing piece of paper that he can color in the boxes of how many pages the book he read has in it. (I know that it sounds silly, but Tage loves it!)
*a journaling page where he draws a picture and has to write at least 2 sentences about it.
*a list of the first hundred sight words that he has to read.
*know what a consonant blend is and read about 10 that I have listed.
*choose a math page. Choices are: clocks which he has to fill in the time or draw in the hands, simple addition, or money, which he has to write down the worth of the coin and totaling up the amount. Again, each is very simple.
*and a folder that he puts his completed work in so I can check it. (they love this part because of sense of accomplishment!)
This folder is not to be used as a stressful thing, but just to give Tage something to do and plus it keeps up with his reading, writing and math through the summer.
Tage seems to enjoy his summer folder except reading the sight words. Now ask me again at the end of the summer if it is still a hit! Maybe, maybe not!
Seven Minutes
3 days ago
2 comments:
Great ideas! I am definitely going to use some of these to help Asher remember everything he's learned this year!
Great idea. I will have to do these folders for my girls too.
Post a Comment