Monday, June 21, 2010

Lake Powell

Alright, here is my Powell update!

This was totally a last minute trip. One of Tyson's friends from work was going to Powell and invited us 2 days before. We didn't leave until Thursday night, which made us pull into Wahweap campground at about 1:00am. Ugh! I was so tired! I couldn't sleep in the car because the road was so bumpy from Flagstaff to Page. At 1am I wished we had a motor home so all we had to do was turn the key at hit the sack. But, lucky for us we had our good ol' tent! Yippee! By the time we got everything situated and in bed it was about 2:00am. Then our morning started at about 6:00am with the sun blaring and it got too hot in the tent to sleep any longer (not that it was a comfortable sleep, but hey, I was tired so any sleep was great!).

Friday was a perfect day! Water was great and the scenery was so beautiful. Ty has never been to Powell, and it has been a really long time since I had so we were both thoroughly enjoying it! We did a lot of just cruising around, stopping every little bit to get our for a swim and play for a bit.




Tyson's friend,Tom, had a little scare with his boat just all of a sudden stopping. After a good 10 minutes of trying to figure out what was going on and practically taking apart everything, he realized that he accidentally hit the emergency turn off button. Oops! We had a good laugh over that.

Saturday was really windy and not good water for wake boarding. I couldn't board anyway because of my buddha belly, but I felt bad for Ty. We should have done wake boarding Friday.

I know I wasn't suppose to tube, but I did anyway. Promise it was really slow! I figure the bumpy ride in the car down was worse than the tube ride! I only went for about 3-5 minutes and then told Ty to pull me in. No whipping around or even going outside the wake for me. Slow goin' only. But it was still fun.


On Saturday we went to sand hill to play around for a little bit.

Tage wanted to go up into a little cave. He finally made it up into it with Dads help.


Tage and Carson went all the way up to the top of sand hill and ran down. Tage's little legs got carried away and he face planted it on the way down. It was one of those moments off America's Funniest Home Videos that you couldn't help but to laugh a little bit, even though you know it had to have hurt. I wish that I got it on video.

We had a fun filled 2 days on the water and came home yesterday about lunch time. We were all tired so Tyson didn't even get a nice Fathers Day dinner. It was just pizza. Oh well, he didn't mind.

But Happy Fathers Day to you hon! I love you so much. You are the best father and the best hubby! I will make up the not-so-exciting Fathers Day you had to you next Sunday. Just let me get this week with girls camp over with.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Me

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You have had so much fun lately! Keep enjoying every minute of everyday. You won't have these moments with family forever! They seem to grow up to fast.