Saturday, May 21, 2011

The BIG three-zero!

Goodbye 20's. Hello 30's.


Happy Birthday to me!

Emmry woke up about 6:30, which is normal, so I went downstairs and did a few things. Tage came down not too long after. I asked him what the heck he was up so early for when it is his first day of summer vacation and he could sleep in! He said he just wasn't tired and was excited for my birthday. Huh, ok. The bathroom door had been left open so Zeus drank out of the toilet so I asked Tage to get a towel and clean it up. He whined and complained. I pulled the "it's my birthday, you should be nice and just do what I ask you to do" line and then told him to go to his room and back to bed.

After I fed Emmry she fell back to sleep. Sweet! I thought to myself, it's only 8:00am! Tage is back asleep, Emmry is asleep, I should go back to bed! So I did! About an hour later I hear something being taped outside my bedroom door. Then Emmry woke up. Tage whispered through the baby monitor and asked if he could get her out and bring her to me. We all played on Mom and Dads bed which is Tages favorite thing to do on the weekends when Ty and I don't want to get out of bed. I guess by 9:45 am it's time for breakfast. So when I went ot go downstairs this is what I saw....


Each paper a single letter going all the way up the stairs saying:


H a p p y B i r t h d a y M o m I l o v e y o u {then a picture of a bull dog that had To:Dad From:Tage with Dad scratched out and Mom written above it} s o s o m u c h



that explained the sound of ripping tape.


I loved it! I smiled and said thank you. And this is what he said:


"I was just waited in my room for you to tell me I could come out. I was in there for 2 hours and got kinda bored so I just decided to make you this. But then I had to get out and get some tape. Happy Birthday Mom!


What?! Really?! I thought he was asleep! I left my kid in "time out" for 2 hours! Mother Of The Year award goes to.....me!


Later we did the whole birthday singing and open presents but didn't dig into the cake just then. Ty and I went to dinner with the Jeppsons and the Lambs. We left Tage at Jeppsons with a babysitter (he WANTED a babysitter! We gave him the option of coming with us, but he wanted to have a babysitter because he hadn't had one in "4 years!")



After dinner at Carrabbas (I had never been there so I wanted to try it. Yumm-o!) we all met back at the Jeppson's to enjoy cake and ice cream!


That was it! We came home, Tage went to bed. Ty and I plopped ourselves on the couch. He watched Discovery channel or the History channel and I crocheted. We are definitely old.

1 comment:

The Baker said...

Well, then I win friend of the year award!! NOT! Between kinder graduation and stomach flu and major family drama, I am late again. I love you to death! Happy Birthday Babe!! I am excited to join the ranks...hoping they are kind!