Hello January! Hello 2012!
We made the dreaded drive home from Utah on New Years Day. Man I hate that drive! But it was sure good to be home.
Jan. 2nd
Beautiful day and I wasn't freezing! ( like in Utah) Ty turned on the sprinklers to water the grass, but that soon turned into a swim party.This is why we live in Arizona. The winters are my favorite! NEVER would you be able to run through the sprinklers on green grass in Utah on Jan. 2! NEVER!
Jan. 4th
Another beautiful day in the high 60's. A perfect day for a picnic!
Jan. 11th
Emmry had her 15 mo. check up today (although she is practically 16 mo., Dec. just passed me by).


Her stats:


Her stats:
20 lbs (14%)
31.25" tall (66%)
She is a horrible eater. Eats nothing but cheese, yogurt, crackers, cereal. No veggies, no fruits except blueberries and sometimes strawberries and craisins, and no meats. The Dr. suggested giving her smoothies and add spinach or other types of veggies to them. Duh?! Why didn't I think of that?! So I gave it a try (except I made mine into smoothie pops cuz I know Emmry loves popsicles). And it worked!!!


1 c. frozen strawberries, 1 c. frozen blueberries, 1 c. strawberry yogurt, 1 c. fresh spinach and a few frozen beans.
She is a horrible eater. Eats nothing but cheese, yogurt, crackers, cereal. No veggies, no fruits except blueberries and sometimes strawberries and craisins, and no meats. The Dr. suggested giving her smoothies and add spinach or other types of veggies to them. Duh?! Why didn't I think of that?! So I gave it a try (except I made mine into smoothie pops cuz I know Emmry loves popsicles). And it worked!!!


1 c. frozen strawberries, 1 c. frozen blueberries, 1 c. strawberry yogurt, 1 c. fresh spinach and a few frozen beans.
Both Emmry and Tage loved them!
Jan 12
Somedays doing the same old things get too boring so today I decided to bust out some watercolors! Emmry has never painted before and thought that it was fun......
I had to keep wiping off her hands each time she got paint on them then she would go back to work on her masterpiece.
Emmry has been funny about getting her hands dirty for about 6 months now. She is pretty picky about what foods she picks up with her hands but usually likes to use a spoon/fork with most. Also, when she gets dirt on her hands outside he always comes to me to wipe them off. She's a girly girl, thats for sure!
Jan. 19
Once a month our community has story time for the small kiddos at the clubhouse. I have never been, but have wanted to go for a few months now that Emmry is getting bigger and more interactive with other kids. I figure I better start getting out and working on her social skill a little more.


I can't say she loved it. She loved the animal foam stickers (they were to do a small craft with them) and she loved the sprinkled sugar cookie she got at the end. Everything else in the middle (the main part of going.....story time) was boring to her. I tried to get her to sit on my lap as I pointed to the lady who was reading the story, she could have cared less about the cute mouse story. I tried pulling snacks out of my bag, toys, anything to get her to sit still. Finally the 5 min. story that felt like 30 min. was over and she got her cookie and was happily content.
I have also been wanting to go to the library each Wednesday for story time......hum.....unless the library allows me to bring a dozen sprinkled sugar cookies, I'm not sure Emmry would like it.




1 comment:
Emmry looks so much like you! I love it! super cute!
Post a Comment