Emmry gave a talk in primary today. The topic was "The prophet speaks to us at general conference." This was her second talk she has given. She acted the exact same as she did the first time. Wasn't afraid or shy, she would just talk really quietly and mumble the last word I would say. For example, if I said, "The prophet speaks to us..." She would just simple say, "us." I tried to talk loud enough where everyone could hear the talk, but still allow Emmry to feel like she was given it.
Here is her talk:
(although I'm pretty sure that I cut out a few lines or changed a couple things at the last minute.)
There are many ways that Heavenly Father can talk to you. He can speak to you through the Holy Ghost or the scriptures. But one very important way is through prophets and other general authorities. We can hear them at general conference.
Today President Thomas S. Monson is our prophet. He tells us what God wants us to know and do. When we listen to general conference, it is as if God Himself is speaking to us.
Our prophet loves us just as the Savior loves us. If we do the things he teaches, we can be happy.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I love my sweet Emmry and I love that she is willing to get up in front of primary and give talks! Her testimony is small, but strong. She loves primary and loves her teacher, Sister Garriss. Her favorite primary song is I Love To See The Temple. Which has been the same song for at least a year now.
Seven Minutes
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment