Friday, August 14, 2009

New teacher, Mrs Striplin

New teacher already?! Tage has only been to school 4 days! Well there has already been changes and his teacher, Mrs Lisack, has gone to Vistancia elementary. They divided up her class amongst the other 3 teachers. Tages first grade teacher is now Mrs. Striplin. I worried a little about this because Tage liked his teacher and I didn't want his new class to have a million kids in it. Turns out there is 23 kids now in his new class and I'm ok with that, as long as it doesn't get bigger. (which I'm sure it will get bigger being that it is only the beginning of the year and in a new-build area with lots of room to grow. Wishful thinking only I guess)

Each day this week when I have asked Tage how his day was he has told me "better that yesterday!" Great! I would tell him. This was our conversation today when I asked him how his day was and how his new class and teacher was

Tage: "fine."
Mom: "just fine? not better than yesterday?"
Tage: "no"

Bummer I thought. He doesn't like his teacher. The reasons I came to find out is that she doesn't have fish or gerbils or any animals. And I think that he got in trouble today for what he said was just turning his head.

Tage: "I just turned my head like this Mom (and he showed me) and she told me not to look that way."
Mom: Obviously you weren't paying attention then.
Tage: "But I was, she just told me not to look that way"
Mom: "Ok Tage, that's fine, just next time always look at your teacher and pay attention."

No comments: