Sunday night I made a pumpkin pie. As it was mixing, I got a tupperware container to put the other half of the can of pumpkin filling into. I went to open the tin lid of the pumpkin filling just a little bit more and that is when and how I sliced my finger. Thinking back I must have twisted the can lid. Have no clue why I was doing that! I immediately said OUCH! (Honestly, no swear words came out of my mouth!) and the boys jumped up off the couch asking what had happened. I told them I cut my finger. When Ty looked at it he said, " Oh my gosh, Cherice" then Tage said, "Oh my gosh, Mom. Oh my gosh, Mom. Oh my gosh Mom." and went to the first aid kit and got me a bandaid. I told him that it probably would need more than just a bandaid and might need stitches. He told me that he was a doctor and that I should put on the bandaid. I kept telling him no so he went back to the first aid kit and started opening everything else telling me "that this would work!"
Ty poured the pumpkin mixture in the pie shell and put it in the oven. I wasn't about to not bake the pie! Then after 30 min of holding pressure to my finger I decided I better go to urgent care. But after calling them and finding out that they closed in 10 min and I was never going to make it in enough time I called my friends husband who is an anesthesiologist. Hey, he went to med school I thought. And sure enough he had all the stuff at his house to suture me up. Even got me numb!
When I got home the dishes were all done by my sweet boys and I found this on the table.
(it says...my mom is bledinge on her fegre.)
Oh, what a sweet boy I have! And every prayer he says he blesses my finger and that when the stitches come out it won't bleed anymore.
And by the way....the pie was delish.





3 comments:
ouch! fingers are the worst. i cut the knuckle of my thumb washing the inside of a glass several years ago.
Wow Cherice, I can't believe you were calm enough to finish the pie, remember your camera and take pictures! Impressive!
Oh my goodness, that is a nasty cut!!
Post a Comment