Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

Since Tyson had his elk hunt that starts tomorrow, we ended up staying home for the holiday. He left pretty much right after lunch for the hunt. I sent him with some leftovers and some pumpkin pie. And told him to get an elk!!

Our friends, the Hunts, have no family around either and were going to be doing Thanksgiving by themselves too so we decided to join and have a big party!
We had the feast at the Hunts home since she was cooking the turkey. I brought basically all the sides (which is fine by me! I stink at making rolls and gravy so I told Carrie that if she did that I would happily do everything else!) and a couple pies to add to her few pies she made. It was DELISH!! Everything was great. All the turkey day fixins' and great friends to share it with. Perfect.
I'm bummed I didn't bust out my camera to take a picture of the turkey meal and our families, but I did capture a few plays of the kids 'football tournament'! Arizona winters are my favorite. I love it that we could be outside on Thanksgiving Day in shorts and T-shirts instead of all bundled up trekking through the snow or having to stay inside watching the blizzard outside (as we would in Utah).
I am so grateful for my family. They mean the world to me. Each one of them.
Happy Thanksgiving!

 

No comments: