Friday, November 22, 2013

56 minutes

That's how long Trey was up last night around the hour of 2am. (and let me add he didn't go to bed until shortly after 10pm....)
He cried and cried. I rocked him, walked with him, snuggled him and held him. Laid him in bed countless times. I was ready to scream myself when I realized that I should be enjoying this moment alone.
Why? Trey is not a cuddler, never has been really which has alway made me sad.
So as I held him last night I realized that he wanted me. ME! Not the balls that were scattered on the floor or the marshmallows in the cupboard. ME, ME, ME!
I held him and loved him even though he was still crying and squirmy and didn't know if he wanted up or down, held towards me or away, I still wrestled with him just so I could hold him which is what I knew he really wanted anyway.
And honestly I feel rested this morning. Strange.
I love my Treyzer.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, those are hard moments but at the same time the most tender moments. Glad you were able to look for the good over the screaming.