Monday, November 18, 2013

Molasses Cookies

I bought molasses a couple weeks ago wanting to make molasses cookies. I don't think I have ever made molasses cookies before, and my mom rarely made them. But I do remember my cute grandma judd always having either Jessie's raisin cookies, molasses cookies or snicker doodles in her little pig cookie jar.
Well, today I made a batch. Honestly, they didn't smell the way I remember them smelling. Molasses stinks. But I do think they tasted good and the kids seemed to like them too. Ty on the other hand told me that I should never make them again and that they are gross. He threw his in the garbage!
Would I consider them as one of my all time favorite cookies. No. I now know why my mom didn't make them often. It's not the type of cookie I would crave for. This might be a once a year type cookie.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

HA HA!! I now know before making them that they stink.