Tage has been practicing memorizing the Articles of Faith for church. Each Sunday he has a chance to pass one off with a member of the Primary presidency. Today Tage came to me wanting to listen to see if I got one of them correct. He did. I said good job and then started asking questions about the Articles of Faith. I pretended I was a non-member and knew nothing about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints asking questions like...
What is an ordinance? His response, "something about faith."
Why do you have Article of Faiths? "Because that's what we believe"
Who came up with these rules? "Prophets"
My favorite statement was when I asked him what he was going to do if someone really wasn't a member of our church and was asking him a lot of questions. His response made me laugh out loud. "I don't know. I'm just memorizing them so I can pass them off and get candy."
Hahahaha.
Well, hopefully one of these days he will want to understand them better instead of just putting a check mark beside them saying he's memorized it.
Seven Minutes
3 days ago
1 comment:
HA HA! I would pass them off for candy too! One day he will understand though. It is what we believe in but also what we live.
Post a Comment