Monday, February 24, 2014

Speech

I'm a little concerned with Emmrys speech. I can't say she has a speech problem, but she sure doesn't talk as good as other kids her age. Her 'P's', 'M's' and 'F's'' sound like 'B's. and B's like W's. 'G's and "T's" like 'D's. oh, what else. There are other letters too I'm just not thinking right now. Plus she still speaks jibber jabber nonsense. Granted I could understand her most of the time because I have gotten used to the way she says things or she shows me what she wants through actions. For instance if she says she is cold I would hear 'd'old and she would wrap her arms around her body and make a shivering face. If she wants me to 'boove' (move) she would push me.
anyway, I'm sure I am just an over paranoid mother, but I am going to have her tested in the Peoria school district for speech problems.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Let me know how it goes! Hope they can help.