Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sick girl

It all started 3 days ago. I noticed Emmry had a fever around 5:00am Wednesday morning. She slept off and on but then was completely knocked out just a little after 8:00am. Then she slept half the day away. From 8:00am-1:20pm when I had to wake her up to go get Tage from school by 1:45pm. She still had a slight temperature and lounged the rest of the day and ended up going to bed around 8:00pm. Thursday she was awake more but still complained that her stomach hurt and that she didn't feel good. Thursday I noticed that her eye was goopy and thought maybe it could be pink eye. As the day continued and when she woke up from a nap her eye was more goopy and when I pulled down her lower eye lid it was more red than light pink I knew I needed to call the Dr. and get her in to confirm it was pink eye and get eye drops for her.
We picked Tage up from school and went straight to Great Destinations Pediatrics to see Dr. Lombard. There she confirmed that it was pink eye and prescribed some eye drops. She also said that even though having a temperature is the bodies natural way of trying to fight off viruses she told us to keep trying to have Emmry take some fever reducing medicine to keep her temperature down.
Once we got home I made dinner as Emmry rested on the couch and Tyson went to Target to pick up the prescription.
I hope the drops help and she will be all healthy soon.
I love you my sweet Emmry.
xoxo,
Mom

No comments: