Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to School

Today was Tage's first day of Kindergarten! He was sooooo excited! Dad made sure he was ready last night by laying out his clothes and comforting him before bed. And then again this morning. Dad was bummed that he was missing his first day of school!

Drop off:

I asked Tage a million times if he wanted to ride the bus to school or if he wanted me to take him. He was hesitant at first and asked if the bus knew where he lived, I said yes, so then of course he wanted the bus! Good thing I was at the school waiting for him to get off the bus because it was so chaotic there! He would have for sure been one lost little boy!!!! I don't worry about Tage once he is where he is suppose to be. He is usually pretty good to follow instructions from the teacher and stays with his class. I just worry about the drop off and pick up!

Walking to the bus stop


Waiting for the bus



After getting him from the bus drop off, we went over to the Kindergarten area to wait to go into class. His teacher, Ms. Nabasny, was waiting for all her students and I'm sure eager to get all the parents out so she could begin her day.


Class line up



Then it was off to the Boo-hoo breakfast for all the parents. They gave us each a baggie with a hersheys kiss and a kleenex in it. Ahhh, so cute.

I then took advantage of the first day of school to go get a manicure and pedicure! It was heavenly!

Pick up:

Went fine. Picked him up at the kindergarten play area. He was waiting so patiently against the wall just where he was suppose to be!

Tage with another kindergartner and friend Sadie.

After leaving I decided that Tage and I should have a special one-on-one time by going to Baskin Robins for ice cream. We talked all about his day.
His favorite part was: coloring a bear.
Least favorite part: sitting on the carpet.
(I know, crazy answers, but that's what he said!)

5 comments:

Sara Hadlow said...

oh so cute. I can't imagine having a 5 year old to do that with. it seems so grown up! I guess I'll be there in about 5 years huh?

Jennifer said...

oh that is so cute. I loved the pictures my favorite was tage waiting for the bus!
I love you guys, keep smiling!!
and good luck with homework. if there is any!

Parker Family said...

My little boy starts next year, I am sure I am going to be a wreck, it is hard to see them all grown up and independant!! I would love to catch up on your life, since when, I guess since we were little, that could take awhile! Here is my email: bpdually@yahoo.com; if you have some extra time, let me know what has been going on for the last 20 years!! Love, Michelle

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Such a cute little man! The photo with the backpack is priceless. He can definitely fit lots of books in there!

Lacey said...

I know I'll cry when my first goes to school for the first day of class. I'm sure it gets easier with each day, and each child. And heck yeah about the time off for you to get some personal stuff done! Hooray for mommy time!