Monday, August 25, 2008

It's Over

Well, the 2008 Beijing Olympics are over....As most of you know, I'm not really a T.V watcher, but the Olympics are an exception. So from Aug 8,2008-Aug. 24, 2008 I was glued to the T.V. I don't know what I will be doing now with my evenings. I spent my nights camped out on the couch and usually fell asleep there too. Here are a few of my highlights.

2008 USA METALS
36 Gold, 38 Silver, 36 Bronze. Total of 110 metals!!!!!!

MEN'S SWIMMING
Michael Phelps. Need I say more? He won 8 Golds and made 7 world records.



Micheal Phelps, Brendan Hansen, Jason Lezak and Aaron Peirson on the podium for the men's 4 x 100 m medley relay metal swimming final.

WOMEN'S SWIMMING
Dara Torres. No Gold metal, but 3 Silvers. At age 41, she is the oldest American swimmer to ever win a metal. So I think she deserves some recognition for that!

WOMEN'S GYMNASTICS

Team USA. Bridget Sloan, Alicia Sacramone, Samantha Peszek, Chellsie Memmel, Nastia Liukin, Shawn Johnson. Took Silver metal.

Nastia Liukin. Won Gold in the all-round competition.
3 Silvers. 1 Bronze.


Shawn Johnson. Won Gold on the balance beam. 3 Silvers.




Alicia Sacramone. 1 Silver with the USA team.



Total rip off! Alicia didn't fall on her landings during the vault. Cheng Fei from China did. Alicia should have gotten the Bronze metal! RIP OFF!!! Poor Alicia.

WOMEN'S BEACH VOLLEYBALL
Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor. 1 Gold in beach volleyball finals over China. First to win 2 consecutive Olympic Golds.

MEN'S BEACH VOLLEYBALL
Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers. 1 Gold in beach volleyball finals against Brazil.

MEN'S INDOOR VOLLEYBALL

Coach Hugh McCutcheon lead the team to victory against Brazil even after the tragedy of his father-in-law being killed in a knife attack in Bejiing. This was the first Gold the U.S Men's Volleyball team has won in 20 years.


MEN'S WATER POLO
U.S team lost to Hungary, leaving us with the Silver. Score 14-10.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

YOU DID IT!!!! I am impress. it may have taken you a while, what time did you finish. but I like it.
love you!!!

Lacey said...

Great blog! I fell asleep to the Olympics every night too. I'm glad you recapped things though because I missed a lot of things, as I was asleep before medals were awarded.

Cherice said...

Lacey- obviously I didn't catch all events....and not all of even these I posted I watched through to the awards. Sleeping on the couch. I just wanted a journal of it really.