Sunday, July 19, 2009

D D D

This past week I went to our Stakes Girls Camp as a cabin mom (aka babysitter) at least that is what I thought at first. But in fact these girls are awesome and have such strong testimonies, I was looking up to them most the time.
Camp theme was the 3 D's One Life....Decisions Determine Destiny. SO GOOD! These girls need to understand that everything that they do impact their future and future generations. This is such a critical time in their lives. They need to stay strong in the gospel and the Holy Ghost will always direct them the way they need to go, back to our Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom.
We focused on the Plan of Salvation and even had an obstacle course which was awesome! We started out blind folded (in the Pre-Existence) and someone took us by our hand and led us down to earth. Congrats, born, I'm a girl! While on earth and still blind folded we held onto a rope (the iron rod) and along the way we had temptations (people pulling us away from rope by saying to watch a rated R movie, drink alcohol...) and we had praises (baptism and marriage in the Temple) The course continued without the blind fold feeling all alone as we walked up the mountain, balancing on tight rope, (1 foot above ground thank goodness) and on a short zip line (those represented the Terrestrial and Telestial glories in Heaven) Then a white tent with a picture of our Savior in it representing the Celestial Kingdom. We had experience what it might feel like when meeting our Savior again. Overwhelmingly wonderful.
I never thought that my testimony of the Plan of Salvation could have grown so much that one day.
my 7 girls

1 comment:

Tatum said...

I am glad you had fun! That is such a neat experience.

It seems like forever since I have seen you. It's weird.