Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Book Fair

Last week Tage went to the book fair at the school. He came home with a book about snakes.

Mom: Snakes? Really? How come you got a book about snakes? I hate snakes! And Dad really, really, really hates snakes! Guess that is going to be a book you are going to have to read and look at by yourself.
Tage: But I wanted to learn more about snakes. How come you won't read it with me?

Ahhhh, Tage is a total sponge right now and loves learning and loves school. How can I turn down reading and learning with him?!?! So of course both Ty and I have taken turns reading the snake book with him.

But here is the kicker......last night at precisely 3:25am, both Ty and I are woken up with a loud DAD! DAD! DAD! SNAKE! and Tage booking it out of his room scared to death. Crying, he tells us that there is a snake in his room. After Ty scoping out his room and looking for snakes he tells him that there is no snake to be found and to go back to sleep.
Ty is going to kill me for even saying this, but when he came back to bed I asked him if he was scared and he said that he was a little spooked out just looking for them. He is really so terrified of snakes it sometimes is comical.

But then......I tried to go back to sleep and all I could think about was snakes! Nah I thought, no snake could be in the house! Or could there........? Is it true that they could come up the drain in the toilet? I heard that on the news before......is there really a snake in my house? Or was it just a 6 year old nightmare?

No comments: