Sunday, November 8, 2009

Todays Attire....

Was an apron! I felt like I wore it all day long. But I made a lot off yummy things and my house smelled so good all day! So just for today....my name was Betty Crocker

It all stared out because I needed to make banana bread. Then the boys said they didn't feel really good so I made chicken noodle soup. And of course you can't have homemade soup without homemade bread so I had to do that too. Then I was planning on making something for a co-worker at the office because she was coming back from maternity leave, and that's how the cookies came about. Anyway....enjoy the recipes!


Whole Wheat Bread
by Kari Headrick
4 c. warm water
1T. salt
3/4 c. oil
3/4 c. honey
4 T. yeast
Mix together and then let stand for 15 min. until frothy
Add 1 1/2 c. white flour and 8 1/2 - 9 c. whole wheat flour
Add the flour slowly. Dough should still feel a little bit sticky.
Beat until smooth and satiny. About 10-12 min.
Let rise until double in size in the mixer bowl.
After risen, punch down and form 4 bread loaves.
Let rise again.
Bake at 350* for 30 min.
Makes 4 loaves


Chicken Noodle Soup
to be honest I just make this up as I go. This is approximately what I did today.
4 cans Swanson's broth
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. diced carrots
1 T. dried minced onion (probably would be good to use the real thing, but I didn't have an onion)
2 c. cooked chicken
1/2 pkg. egg noodles
salt and pepper (I have no idea how much I added. I just did a few shakes)

Put broth, vegetables, onion and salt/pepper in pot. Bring to boil and then let simmer until veggies are done. In the meantime cook chicken and noodles. Combine everything together and simmer for 10 min.


Chocolate Chip Cookies
once again by my good friend Kari
1/2 c. softened butter
1/4 c. shortening
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)

Cream together butter, shortening, and eggs. Then add sugars and vanilla. Sift in dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips.
Bake at 350* for 10-12 min.


Banana Bread
by my Mom
1/2 c. shortening
3/4 c. sugar
2 well beaten eggs
3 T. buttermilk
3 mashed over riped bananas (about 1 c.)
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt

Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs, buttermilk and bananas. Mix. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Put into greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake at 350* for 45 min.
Makes 1 loaf

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bread - yummy~ Thanks for thinking of us. Thanks for the recipes. Can't wait to use them

Jennifer said...

Yum! but you forgot to share with me!!! HA HA! to bad I live so far away. Wish I was there to help out!

Parker Family said...

All I can say is: You are amazing!! Sounds like some yummy things to try out, thanks for the recipes!

Tatum said...

I can't wait to try some of these out! LOVE the apron BTW, :)
I can't believe you had all the stuff to make all that on hand. My least favorite thing about cooking on Sunday is I am ALWAYS missing one ingredient.
Way to go Betty!!!