Let me back up just one day. Saturday, July 3rd.
We went to Wal Mart to buy some fireworks before going over to our friends house for a night swim and dessert. What? Fireworks are illegal here in AZ? Excuse me, what did you say? ILLEGAL!!!!!!! Which I guess that makes total sense with the dry hot weather. But that means no memories of sitting in a lawn chair or on a blanket on the ground watching Dad light fireworks. And for fun, let's just add in eating laffy taffy from the parade that morning along with that.
Back to Wal Mart. We ended up finding an assorted package of just poppers. 20 bucks for poppers, lovely.
Now to be positive.
The kids went through them in 3 minutes. I guess we should have bought the $50 package. They thoroughly enjoyed them and thought life was the best. That's all that matters, right?
A couple pictures of the pool party at Karolyns house
After just a 3 minute drive home from Karolyns, we thought Tage was out. But he was just fakin' it. Still, it was quite a funny picture.


End of story:
I am so grateful to live in this county and have the freedom that I have. I would take that any day over parades, candy and fireworks. So really, at the end of the day, I consider it a great 4th of July because of that.


2 comments:
You crack me up....
Yep 4th is better in Utah. Glad that you still had a good time spending it with friends!
Post a Comment