Saturday, August 28, 2010

Toothpaste Stinks

So we have been stuggling here getting Tage to be honest about brushing his teeth. He says he has brushed but have caught him not using toothpaste, or it has been for only 10 seconds or less. He went to the dentist about 2 weeks ago and didn't have any cavities (thank goodness) but part of me wanted him to have at least one so he realizes that no brushing/bad brushing=cavities. The dentist even gave him one of those sand timers. That was a hit for about 2-3 days, then it got "lost."
This morning when I asked him if he brushes his teeth he said yes (like usual) but then I gave him the evil eye and asked him again, he still said yes. I told him I was going to go check and that if he was lying I would not be happy and gave him one more chance to tell me the truth. He still said yes. So I told him that I wanted to smell his breath (I hate doing that), and it stunk! EEW! Me: Morning breath, gross!
Tage: "I did brush my teeth!"
Me: "Um, no. Then if you really did, you didn't brush with toothpaste, you just used water."
Tage: "I did! My toothpaste just stinks."

So there you have it. We no longer have to buy minty fresh Colgate toothpaste. It just stinks. Just save your money and use water, or don't brush at all.

No comments: