Thursday, November 18, 2010

2 Months

Good Morning Sunshine!

Happy 2 month birthday!

You are such a happy happy girl! I love you!

I was a mean Mom and scheduled her shots for today. But only because I love her so much!

Waiting for the Dr.
One of the 'shots' was a drink. She didn't mind that one. But the other shots.....not so much. I held her tiny hands and put my cheek up to hers trying to comfort her. What a sad, sad cry. I felt so helpless. All I could do is wipe away her little tears and tell her that it was going to be ok and that I love her. I stayed in the room just holding her after it was over until she fell asleep. I didn't want to put her down.
2 month stats

weight: 9 lbs 12 oz (26%)
height: 22.5" (56%)
head circumference: 14" (10%)
But then we were home and I got my happy girl back. I'm sure she forgot about the whole Dr.'s visit.


Miss Emmry,
I'm sure I will be telling you this all the time, but stop growing! I feel like it was just yesterday that I held you for the first time as a tiny 6 lb baby, now you are almost 10 lbs!
You are such a happy, smiley baby! I love it! You are so content. I love it when you jut wake up and you stretch, Your tiny little arms go above your head where your elbows touch your ears and you arch you back. Oh, how I love it! and then we cuddle with your head over my shoulder and your tiny bum hanging over my arm. I love it, I love it, I love it! You love to be propped up and to look around. You are very good at recognizing my voice and can follow my movements with your eyes. You are griping blankets, my shirt and sometimes even my hair really well. That is all very good, you are learning and developing perfectly! I love to hold you or just sit and play with you so much that things around the house rarely get done. I have to force myself to get busy! You love your baths, they relax you and you smile all the time and have started kicking water all over the place. I will soon have to start putting you in the "big" tub so you don't create a big puddle of water on the counter or floor. You love it when I lotion your hands and feet. It will be soon enough that I will be giving you manicures and pedicures and you will probably love those too. You have now deprived me not only of chocolate, but dairy products too! I have not had any milk or cheese or anything like that for 8 days now! It seemed like your little tummy was upset when I had a lot of products like that. So, just because I love you and don't want your tummy to hurt, I stopped eating them. Oh, but it's hard! I hope that you out grow this one really fast! I miss my bowls of cereal and my slices of cheese with apples.
I can not tell you enough how much I love you! You are such a blessing to this family. I am so happy that you decided to be apart of it. I am not a perfect mother, but I promise you that I will always love you.
I will tell you this phrase for the rest of your life...
"Remember", I love you.
It means this:
"Remember": You are a Child of God. You stand for truth and righteousness.
"I love you": I will always love you.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh that was so sweet. she will love reading this when she is older! I love it!

The Headrick Family said...

Glad you made it through your appointment! Good to talk to you the other day.