It is now Wednesday, 4:41pm. Every room in my house is a complete disaster, my bedroom is the worse. Bathrooms haven't been cleaned for a week, I have no idea what to make for dinner and to top it off I haven't even showered today! (gross, I know) So instead of doing any of that I am going to do an update on the past few weeks.
Here it goes...
Tage eats, sleeps and breathes football. He plays football at recess everyday, comes home and plays football with friends, plays Madden (a football wii game) and only likes to watch either a football game on TV or ESPN. And when he's not doing one of the above he is talking about it and giving us a play by play of what he did or what he saw on TV. Interception this, touchdown that, that's all I hear.
Little Miss Emmry is a happy, smiley baby!


Even though she is depriving me of chocolate and dairy products. I still love, love, love her! I have been off chocolate now for 6 weeks. Although I did sneak in a few pieces of chocolate Halloween candy, big mistake. She was cranky for several days. I then figured it wasn't just the chocolate and had been having a lot of dairy so I decided to go off dairy too and see what happens. The chocolate thing sucked, but dairy....that's hard! Dairy is in everything! I decided that if I could see milk, cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, anything along those lines I would skip it. It's been 8 days now. I think that her tummy is feeling much better and she doesn't give me those sharp screams of pain anymore. I hope that she will outgrow it fast. I will try a little bit after it has been a month and see how she does. That is one thing that's hard about breastfeeding, you don't really know what is making their little tummy upset. It's a just a big guessing game. So for now it is alot of oatmeal and PB and J sandwiches. The only positive thing I can think about this is that I might loose some of this baby fat! Woo-hoo!
This past weekend we made a quick trip to The Happiest Place on Earth! Short, but still fun. Tage has never been and has reminded us of that a handful of times so we thought that we would surprise him and go! We left Thursday early afternoon and told Tage that we were going to California just to take a little weekend trip, go to the beach and relax.
The drive wasn't bad. Emmry did ok, she was better on our trip to St. George a few weeks ago though. But we made it. After checking into the hotel we got some dinner and then hit the pillows for a good nights rest.
(We walked across the street from the hotel to a little Mexican restaurant. Tage wanted to carry Emmry so we hooked him up. Then as we were walking out he wanted to take it off and not carry her anymore because he said it was too embarrassing. Too funny!)

Friday morning we asked Tage what we should do for the day. He said the beach of course. Then we spilled the beans that we were going to Disneyland. He was not as excited as I thought he was going to be. He even asked if we could still go to the beach. What?! The beach over Disneyland?! I call Thursday our test run day. We didn't get that many rides in and by dinner time there were so many people Ty was ready to bust out of there! (Tyson is not really an amusement park type of guy and he hates crowded busy places. Put them together and you got Disneyland. Not his cup of tea)
Crowded, crowded, crowded!








Look at Tage's face...."but the sun was in my eyes"
Saturday we got up and asked Tage if he was ready to go back to Disneyland. He didn't want to go! He wanted to go to the beach! Again...what?! The beach over Disneyland?! I told him that the beach would be cold and that we could go later in the day. Then he said that he could just play catch with Dad and not get in the water. This is were I kinda got upset. I told him that we didn't come to California play catch, or sit in the hotel room and watch ESPN all day. We were actually in the car and had to still convince him to go! We told him that we would go to Disneyland for a few hours and if he still wanted to leave we would go to the beach.
It turned out to be a better day. We actually got more rides in than the day before because we were better at using the fast pass and stroller switch passes. Tage loved it because he got to go on the same ride at least twice. His favorite rides were Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run (he went on that one 3 times. One of them completely alone as a single rider. He loved to get soaked!)
It was the first weekend they did started Christmas stuff. So it was fun to see the whole place lit up at night with all the lights. We watched the Christmas parade they have two times everyday going down Main Street for just a little bit. It was crazy busy!



Around 4:00 we left Disneyland to go to the beach and get some dinner. By the time we got to Newport Beach it was sunset. I got a quick family picture and the boys played catch. Tage was mad when we had to leave. He wanted to keep playing catch. Go figure.

Sunday was the drive home. Nothing exciting there. And of course Sunday Night Football was on the minute the boys walked in the door.
Oh, one more thing. I disagree with Disneyland. It is not 'The Happiest Place on Earth.' I saw many children crying and cranky. Including my own children.
Added note: It is now Friday, 8:13am and I am finally finishing this. Sheesh.
Added note: It is now Friday, 8:13am and I am finally finishing this. Sheesh.



2 comments:
we'll be waiting at least 3 years before we go to disneyland. megan has to be potty trained first.
i know everyone says breastfeeding is best but you can't argue the convenience of a bottle. i can eat whatever i want, work out has hard as i want, other people can feed her while i sleep or go run errands or whatever i need. a lot of people probably judge me for not breastfeeding but a bottle is the way to go for me.
I am glad you are back to blogging! I love reading about what you are up to, I think your blog is my favorite! :)
You went to Disneyland!! SO MUCH FUN!! I love that place! What a fun surprise! Your little Tage is such a cute kid! Gotta love that football :)
Breastfeeding it not as easy as it is cracked up to be! I went through that a little bit with my first too, but luckily it only lasted till he was about 4 months old, and then he could handle things better. The worst was when I ate spicy mexican food, which is my most favorite food, so I had to give up that for a little bit, Oh well, so much better to have a happy baby!
Welcome to being a mommy! I still find some days when I don't shower till later afternoon too, actually my secret was to always make sure I showered before my hubby got home, so he never really knew how lazy I really was some days :) Same things goes with cleaning up the house, it is always a rush to do....right before Dad gets home :) I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about :)
I am excited to catch up on all of your updates!!
Post a Comment