Sept. 19
In our ward they started assigning ward members to feed the missionaries (not sure why). Tonight was our turn.
I had asked the missionaries what their favorite home cooked meal was. Elder Madsen (he's from Kansas) likes something called cheesy baked chicken his mom makes and Elder Dunn (from Colorado) loves shepherds pie.
I ended up getting the recipe for the baked chicken and made that for tonight's dinner along with scalloped cheesy potatoes and homemade rolls. Everything looked delicious (and if you asked me it tasted just as good as it looked)
4:15pm rolled around and I still hadn't heard from Ty. Dinner was at 5:00pm and I was getting nervous tyson wasn't going to make it home on time.
Sure enough, 4:45pm Ty calls and says he's still downtown. It takes around 45minutes to drive home depending on traffic. Obviously he wasn't going to make it.
I called the missionaries and told them just to come get a plate of food and take it back to their house since they couldn't come in and stay without tyson here. I apologized repeatedly and told them we would have them over another time. (Let's look on the bright side......good thing they live in my backyard! Hahahaha)
So there you have it. NOT having dinner with the missionaries.
Seven Minutes
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment