Saturday, June 14, 2014

Damn Dog

Yes, you read that right. I swore. Maybe one of these days when I come back and read this and I will regret writing that, but as of today that's right. Damn dog.

(pic of torn library book)

Sign of the Beaver is no longer the library's book. I own it now. I wonder how much they will charge me for the book. Some ridiculous amount I'm sure. I went onto Amazon and could buy it for $4.48. The back of the books says $6.99. They better not charge me more than that.

I was reading out by the pool while Tage and Emmry were swimming (Trey was napping). Then after awhile I wanted to get in but was worried about water damage if I left the book near the pool, so I put the book on a small patio table by the back door right beside my phone which I also was worried about it getting wet (I turn the ringer way up so I would at least hear it). After we were done swimming I noticed the book wasn't on the table. I looked on the kitchen counter thinking I must have just put it inside. It wasn't there. "I could have sworn that I put the book right by my phone" I thought to myself. Then I looked around the backyard thinking to myself that "I know I did. Zeus must have got it." Sure enough, the book was all torn apart in the dirt by the back gate.
Grrrrrrrrrrr!
I was not happy.

I hate this dog. Actually, I hate all dogs. It's not that I am not a dog person, because I don't mind them. I just don't want to own one. I don't want a dog or any other animal in my house (...besides Diesel, our Betta fish that we have. And even that I am getting sick of because nobody cares about it or remembers to feed it anymore and I have to drain and clean the stinky tank). And if they aren't in my house then naturally they are outside- which is where Zeus is. Our horses we ride. Our chickens give us eggs. Zeus just chews on everything, is dirty, sheds, creates poop all over my backyard and just costs us money to feed. Tage is the only one that gives him any attention and even that it's not that much. I just tell him to go away or am hip chucking him (because he is so big) to move. I can go on and on about the things that Zeus does or has done as to why I don't want him anymore, but I won't. Just understand that today I am very upset with him.
I guess I should have taken that extra two steps and put the book inside the house. My mistake.

No comments: