Saturday, March 28, 2009

Garage Sale

Today was Vistancias' annual garage sale. We had a few things to get rid of so we decided to join in. Vistancia has a community garage sale 2 time a year. Once in the Spring and once in the Fall. All we have to do is put our address on the list and have our stuff in front of our house at 7:00am to sell it. They print off maps that you can pick up at the community center and go from house to house getting good deals all morning. Very well organized and easier than us trying to do it on our own.
So this is what he had.....

I was making fun of Ty that he had this "African theme" stuff that he had in his last house.

I think it is ugly and I just wanted to throw it away, but Ty said that this is good stuff and it would for sure sale. And these ugly mask things.....

Well I made him a bet that they wouldn't sale. He said that they would be the first to go and he was right!!!! I was completely shocked! I lost the bet big time! That stuff was a hit.
I told Ty that if we could just sell that big screen then the garage sale would be worth doing. And it sold! Yeah! I thought for sure that the coffee table and end tables would go. I really like them. But they didn't sell. I also was trying to sale a friends kitchen table for her, but that didn't sale either. Bummer.
At least we got rid of some stuff. Vistancia also had arranged that Goodwill trucks would be at the community center this afternoon to donate the stuff that doesn't sell. Great idea! I took a few things down there, but kept the coffee table and end tables. I guess for a rainy day.

No comments: