SATURDAY
Went to the lake! It was perfect weather to toss some rocks into the lake and enjoy a picnic. The kids had such a great time. It was a little bit breezy, but that made it fun to see others flying kites and some wind surfers out on the lake. The water is still too cold to really play in, so we just stayed on the shore throwing rocks in the water, finding bugs and just having fun.
Finding bugs. That's what boys do best right?!

After the lake we went to the park. Didn't spent really long there, but still had lots of fun!
After the lake we went to the park. Didn't spent really long there, but still had lots of fun!
I ordered pizza for dinner (what kid wouldn't be happy with that?!) and then they watch the movie Bolt. They all had seen it before, but still were excited to have a pizza and movie night.
Everyone was 'fighting' over who would sleep on Tages top bunk. So to avoid that I pulled out the mattress from the guest room and they all slept on the floor. Well, except Carson, I just left him on the couch where he fell asleep. They all slept really good. Like bugs in a rug.
SUNDAY
Good morning! Rise and shine with ALL kids up 6:30 am. Holy cow! NOT something that I'm used to with just Tage. He likes to sleep in, and so do I. Tyson was NOT going to get out of bed to quiet down the noisy bunch, so I did. That's what moms do right?! Anyway, I got breakfast made (pancakes, yum!) and the kids ready for the day. We still had a little while before General Conference started, so they just played 'quietly.'
9:00am General Conference stared. I had Conference packets all made up for each one and Conference bingo cards in hopes that that would keep them reverent and quiet. They actually did really good through the first session! The last 40-45min was a bit rough, but they did manage to stay reverent while President Monson spoke at the end.
Waiting for Conference to start
Working on their packets and bingo cards.
Then my time was up for being mom of 4 kids. My friend Becky came and got the kids for the rest of the day. Back to just Tage.
To be honest it wasn't that bad having 4 kids. But I still don't know how my Mom has raised 9 kids. I love you Mom, you are the best. You are such a great example of love and patience. You are amazing!




2 comments:
Wow, your family did grow over night!!! Ha ha,
looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!
Love ya
You are a complete dream. . .sadie's best of best was talking zeus for a walk at the lake!
Post a Comment