Sunday, April 19, 2009

Like a baby?

Zeus had surgery Friday. I had to drop him off at 7:00am. I was already feeling sad for him. We had him neutered, his front dew claws taken off, and a baby tooth that was broken extracted. (The owner said he had all 4 dew clwas removed, but the front ones came back and the Dr. just said they didn't get them from the root)
I thought for sure that he would just be lazy and tired when he got home and for the most part I was right. But the real energy kicked in at 3:00am. I blame Tyson.

Story begins at 2:00am when I woke up and went downstairs to find that Ty had fallen asleep on the couch and all the lights turned off. I thought to myself ok, he is just sleeping downstairs with Zeus. (Usually Zeus goes outside) But then at about 2:50 Ty comes upstairs and who does he bring with him.....that's right, Zeus. Tys excuse for Zeus sleeping in our room was that he just had surgery and bla bla bla I blocked out the rest. Zeus would not lay down and kept getting up and finding something to chew on. Then he came on my side of the bed. Ty said that I had to watch him since he was on my side. (What?!) He was in full play mode. After 20min of trying to get him to lay down and ME playing with him we decided to give him a Dingo bone. Zeus would stay with that bone till it was gone and we wouldn't have to worry about him getting on anything. But still a slight problem...he was still in our room! All I heard was him chewing on this bone and could NOT go back to sleep. At 4:00am (I'm still awake) he is done with his bone. Ty is snoring. Guess I have to take care of him. I took him downstairs and put him outside. That didn't even last 1 min until he was pawing and yelping at the door. Back inside. Back outside. Back inside. Back and forth for 10 min. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and ate soggy cereal because I was constantly after him for something. I turned on the T.V and layed on the couch telling him to come lay down. (By the way, there is nothing on T.V at that time. I settled with animal planet which was the only decent thing) Finally at about 4:30 he was settling down, but moving from place to place to find a comfy spot I guess. 4:40 asleep. And I dozed off until he was awake at 5:55. Grrrrr! I put him outside and went up to bed and just ignored the scratching at the door and yelping. But get this.....when I crawled back in bed I told Ty that it had been a rough night, he agreed. Are you kidding me? You were asleep! He thought I was only gone downstairs for 20min.! Oh Tyson, I can't wait until we have babies.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh pour baby! I feel bad for him!

Jill Stott said...

Hilarious! Well, for me, not so much for you I'm sure. Thanks for reminding me why I never want another puppy.

Clayton, Jenna & Makayla said...

Seriously they don't hear anything, having a baby doesn't change it they tend to sleep even harder I'm afraid!! That's a sad story, poor Zeus, mostly poor you!!! I'm sorry!

Cherice said...

thats right poor me jenna! and jen....think about your sis first not a dog :) jill...don't get a puppy!

Parker Family said...

You definetely made me have a good laugh!! Your hubby is so funny too! Ya, I think you need to have a little payback with this! :)