Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sun Screens

Today we got sun screens put on the back of our house. We have large windows that face west and that sun is so dang hot making our house hot too. We knew nothing about sun shades the first year we were here, but last year we wanted to do them but just didn't ever get it done (We have plenty of those things on our list that need to just get done.) Anyway, I think that it has helped already! I am not dying when I make dinner. Though I do feel like I'm in a bit of a cave right now I am told that I will get used to it. It feels like it is an overcast day even though it is a sunny 95* outside right now. I was really worried it was going to be too dark inside, but I think it will be fine. They are removable so I can always take them off whenever.
I hope this saves that 25% off our bill like they say it should! Last summer we were paying around $350 a month just on air conditioning bill! Lets just say that I like to stay cool on those 110* days!

No comments: