Sunday, April 18, 2010

A little self conscious

Yesterday afternoon we went to the community pool. It's been heating up here lately! We have hit the pool several times within the past month, but I have never gotten in. I always have just hung out on the lawn chair. But this time I put on a swimsuit (first time this season....eek!) and thought maybe I would get in with Tage.

I put on a black one thinking that it would instantly make me look skinny and came downstairs. I told the boys not to make fun of my little pooch. Tage said that I didn't look fat and that I looked pretty (I have trained him well!). Great! I thought, at least a 7 year old didn't think I was fat!

But at the pool I kept my cover-up on and wouldn't get in the pool. Too many people I thought, and too many people from the ward there. I sat on the side and dipped my feet in. Tage begged and begged for me to get in. Then he said this. "Just get in the water Mom, and then no one will see that your fat." I laughed, but thought that was so true. Nobody will see me IN the water. So I got in with Tage. And nobody told me I was fat.

I'm still laughing about what he said now. He is so honest, I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU R NOT FAT!!!! TRUST ME!!!