Yesterday we had decided to pack up and go camping for the night. Ty got home a little early from work and we loaded up the truck. We thought that since it was already 5:30pm by the time we got out the door that we would just stay close and go to Lake Pleasant. Turns out they were all full. Darn! After trying a couple other spots close by (2 1/2hrs later) we hit In-n-out burger for dinner and decided that we were out of luck. Turned out to be just a fun ride I guess. (Ty didn't want to just pull off into the desert and pitch the tent, I, actually was willing to do that!) So we went home. I was totally bummed out! I don't know who was more upset about not going camping, me or Tage. I think I won because we convinced Tage that we would set up the tent in the backyard and still do a fire to roast marshmallows and it would be fun. Me on the other hand, not content with that idea, but had to pretend to be so Tage would be content and excited about it.
We pitched the tent in the backyard and while I was getting all the bedding ready, the boys were starting the fire.
This is where the
white trash part comes in. The definition of white trash, redneck, hillbilly, and trailer trash is......US!

Who needs to spend $4,000 for extending our patio and having a built in fire pit when you got lawn chairs and a wheel barrel?
But we had fun roasting our bunny mellows and telling ghost stories over our white trash fire. So I think that is all that matters.
1 comment:
i wish I could be white trash. those are the best family memories. You guys are way fun parents.
Post a Comment