Friday, May 14, 2010

Fun Busy Week

WARNING: very long

My sister, Jennifer, and her 5 month yr old daughter, Emma, came to visit last week! We had been planning this for months! Jens hubby is in law school and it is finals time. Jen and I thought it would be best for her to come visit me so Jonathon could focus in on his finals. Ok, Ok, and so we could have some girl time! It worked out perfectly!

Here is a recap of our week May 5-11th:
Wednesday:
They're here!! Like I said, we were counting down the days/hours and minutes until they came. Tage was so excited! He wanted to hold, carry and push Emma in the stroller, and played with her the whole drive back. He was loving it!
We had to go straight to Tages football practice from the airport. We hit Taco Bell drive thru for our Cinco De Mayo dinner and played at the park until practice started.
Thursday:
Tage went to school, Dad went to work, and the girls went shopping! Baby shopping!
I had been researching strollers and it was time to test drive them. I got the BEST deal! Well, so I think. Here's the story.....I bought a Graco car seat from my friend a couple months ago. (Thanks Brooke!) I figured if I get a matchy matchy stroller/car seat that it would be no big deal because I could just use it in Ty's car. Well, out of the 3 strollers I wanted to test drive, I liked the Graco Metrolite the best. It just happend to be on clearance. Horray! AND it was the EXACT pattern as my car seat! Double horray! I was SO excited! My stroller search was over. A sigh of relief.

We came home just in time to say goodbye to the boys who were headed off to Father and Sons Camp with our ward.
I think they had a good time......
Jen and I put together the stroller! I won't tell you how long it took, but we followed the instructions (like most men wouldn't have) and we got it together! Walla!
Bonus! It didn't fall apart! Emma loved our evening walk.
Friday:
Let the bow making begin!
We went to my friend Karolyns to make flower hair clips. So fun! I wish I got a picture of her table. It was COVERED with supplies! We had so much fun talking and laughing. We ended up being there practically all day. It would have lasted all night too, but Emma had to go to bed. I have THE best friends! Thanks Kar!

We got home just as the boys were. Unloaded loaded the truck. Boys went to bed. Jen and I continued bow making!
Saturday:
Off to Tages game. It was hot, even at 9:00 in the morning. Emma didn't seem to mind, she was still happy as a lark, as always.

We did couple errands on the way home. Nothing exciting. And then pretty much just relaxed all afternoon at home.
I grabbed a couple pizzas for dinner and we all went to the pool. Nothin' better than pizza at the pool! It was Emma's first time at the pool. She was so fascinated about everything around her. Not sure about the water, but still gave us smiles.

Sunday:
Mothers Day!
After church we all took naps and then the boys made dinner! Lasagna, YUM!
Jen and I started our ribbon bow making! We had so much fun together!
Tage got to babysit! He was so excited! Of course we were all in the kitchen/dining room and he was in the living room. But he was babysitting! He did such a good job! Played with her, read her books, talked to her. He was loving it!
Monday:
I had to work. Bummer. Jen kept herself busy as usual with Emma and she even cleaned my house! Thanks Jen!
Night was quiet. Dinner then bed pretty much.
Just a cute picture of Emma Cita (it means little Emma, that is what we called her all week. So cute!)
Tuesday:
Goodbye. So sad.
It was an early morning. I took Jen and Emma to the airport. Then I was off to work. Back to the grind of our normal routine.

I absolutely LOVED having my sister here. Nothing like a little sisterly love around. Memories for sure! I am trying to convince her to move out here with me. After her coming, I think she wants too. That's a positive! Now I just need to convince Jonathon! He only has one more year of law school, so the deciding factor of where they will move to is coming up soon!

Thanks for coming Jen and Emma! Thanks Jonathon for letting them!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! Good times for sure! I wish I were there right now, seriously I can't wait to get back and have some more fun!
Thank you so much for letting us come and invade your home and keep you up at nights!!! I guess I just gave you a taste of what it will be like right? HA HA!! I enjoyed coming to have some girl time! LOVE YA!!

P.S. I don't really like that bow, do you want me to make you one!!! HA HA HA!!!

Cherice said...

If that was a taste of baby, it was easy. Emma is such a good baby!

I don't like that bow. Ha ha