Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Turning into "That Lady"

You know, the one that crys about everything. (Not that "that lady" is bad, just not me! Never has been me!)

The one that you could just say a certain word and she crys.
The one that if the sun is not shining just right she would cry.

I think that I'm becoming her.

I hope it's just the pregnancy hormones though. I've never been a real crier. I'm tough as nails. I have my moments that I just get all built up then have a good cry, 15 min max, then I'm good to go for another few months. Oh boy, not these past few days.

Friday/Saturday: Tyson came home from a Father and Sons outing Friday night. He was tired and didn't talk to me much. Cry. He was just tired and literally went to bed at 8:45pm. Same time as Tage. Cry. Saturday morning I cried that he still wasn't talking to me (I was asking too many questions. How was your trip? Did you have fun? Was it cold? Did I send enough food? Blah, blah, blah. Apparently that was too much for him. Plus he was running late for Tages football game, (where Jen and I were coming a bit later too. And he didn't like that we were taking 2 cars to it) so I got the cold, pretend your not there attitude all morning. Cry.

Sunday: Mothers Day. Of course I will get a little teary eyed. But reading a Mothers Day card that simple says on the front, "From your son" and I start to cry over that?

Also at church when all the Primary kids sang a couple songs and the song "When Your Helping, Your Happy" makes me cry.

And just seeing Tage up on the stand with all the other kids. Not really singing too much, but so excited that he got to go up to sing.

Monday: can't remember what was said on the radio. Something ridiculous I'm sure. It's the radio for crying out loud! Why should I get teary eyed over that?!

Tuesday: My sister and her 5 month yr. old daughter, Emma, flew back home to Iowa. Bound to get teary eyed. I love my sister. So sad to see her leave. Wish she could stay longer. (not that 6 days here was not good enough, it was! I am just selfish and want her longer. Sorry Jonathon, thanks for sharing your wife for that long! But now that we know you can survive for 6 days without them, next will be 8 days. Ha ha ha)

So here is a toast to Wednesdays cry.......who knows what today will be........

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah lets hope it is just the pregnancy! thanks for a great time love you!

Parker Family said...

I have spent the last 30 min. catching up on your blog. And YAY!!! Congrats on your baby girl!! So exciting for you! I had no idea! Just wait, the crying gets worse even after you have your baby here.....it must just be something you get while you are first pregnant, and never get rid of. I am a cryer too! All of the time! I even cry when I am so happy. My most recent good cry happened at church last Sunday when my boys got up and sang to me too for Mothers Day. SO PRECIOUS!

CONGRATS!! When is the big day??

Cherice said...

Sept. 28th! Tage is set on that date. so she better come "on her birthday" :)

Tatum said...

Oh the crying. Just wait until you have tbe baby...
She is so sweet. cry.
She is crying so much. cry.
She is perfect. cry.

I could go on. You are such a great mom and soon you will be using the phrase, "kids".

Miss you!

Donna said...

I agree with Tatum.. the crying only gets worse. So welcome to the cry baby club!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do remember that time during my life too. Actually considered turning myself into the psycho ward. It will pass and then start all over again when the little one arrives, then it leave again. Just say "this too shall pass".