Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Utah

One of our summer vacations is and always will be a trip to Utah for both mine and Tyson's family reunions. I decided to go up a week before the Judd Family Reunion to spend time with my family and to visit old friends. The house was 'under construction' since my parents are doing a major model of the kitchen. The 'kitchen' had been moved to the deck. Dishes were done in the bathroom, and meals prepared on a Lifetime plastic table using an electric pan, crockpot, or microwave. My Mom seriously is a latter day pioneer. Never once did I hear a compliant come out of her mouth. It was always heard comments like, "it is what it is," "we'll make the best of it," "life goes on." I love my Mom. So grateful for her positive attitude and example to push forward even through challenging times. I could apply this concept toward many things in my life. I admire her and want to be more like her everyday. Well, back to our trip..... The kids did great on the car ride up there. I left yesterday at 5:00am (6:00am Utah time) and arrived about 7:00pm Utah time. We stopped in Kingman for gas, potty and a little breakfast at Wendy's, then stopped again in St. George for a bathroom break and enjoyed our good old P.B&J sandwiches on a grassy spot. Then one last stop in Nephi for a potty break. Finally we got to my parents house with kids itching to get out of the car to run and play. It was beautiful weather. Not hot, not cold. Perfect. My Mom had made us some sloppy joes and we snarffed them down like there was no tomorrow then we were back running around and playing. New exploring and adventure for sure! The kids were in heaven.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Mom always says she was born in the wrong era! Maybe she really was. But I am glad she was so that I could be more positive about life like her!