Friday, October 25, 2013

Backyard view

Let me first say how much I like our neighbors. John and Barb were the first neighbors to come say hi when we moved in and Barb has always been so nice to talk to. We love to look over the wall to see their pigs, goats and Sammy (the donkey). We love taking care of the animals when they go out of town. Overall, we like them. We got each others back as good neighbors should. So when this situation arose I was worried that it would ruin our friendship....here's the story.

John and Barb came over last week asking us how we would feel if they put a semi trailer (their new hydro-dipping business) along the wall between our properties. Tyson wasn't home, but I'm sure he wouldn't want a huge semi trailer parked right by our fence blocking the view. I kinda hoe hummed around my answer not giving them a yes or a no and told them that I would talk to Tyson. Ty was not happy about the situation and wondered why they have to put it there when they have tons of property to put it somewhere else. But, Ty never got back with them and it never got brought up again.

Well look what appeared yesterday afternoon......
(pic of trailer along wall)

We now have a beautiful view of a big black and white semi trailer when we look out our back door. Not ideal at all. I was not happy and neither was Tyson when I called and told him. Honestly I was a little bugged with Tyson for not saying something in the first place to them last week when they approached us.

Long story short, Tyson talked to them last night and this morning they had someone come and move the trailer.
(pic of trailer moved)

Now that's better. Still not great because we will always see a huge semi out back, but so much better than before.
I'm so glad this didn't cause contention between us and our neighbors. It turns out that they didn't like where they put it the first time anyway but because of how much it cost for wiring, they had to put it there. But because Tyson knows so many people, he told them who to talk to about getting different kind of wiring so they could put it farther from their main house and it wouldn't cost any more money. Awesome. It turned into a win/win situation!

No comments: