Let me back up for just one minute. We had originally wanted to go camping this past weekend seeing it was the long Memorial Day weekend and we were just bursting to get away to spend some family time and just plain old R E L A X! But with the passing of my Grandpa we had a decision to make. Both Tyson and I had to work Thursday, so we decided that we were going to drive through the night to make it in time for the funeral Friday morning. And then just spend the weekend in Utah with extended family. But all day Thursday I just kept thinking that we should not go and go with our original plan. But then I would think, 'how selfish am I?! ' When Tyson came home from work and asked if everything was ready to go and if I was ready for the long drive, I told him that we were not going. WHAT?! Yep, you heard me honey, we are not going. Tyson was just so sweet and said that we really should go and that we needed to be there for my Grandpa. He even told me to book the early flight out Friday morning just so I could make it there. But I know my Grandpa. I know that he was comforting me and telling me to stay and be with my family. I know that he would have told me to take care of my family and my husband. They come first. My Grandpa knows that I loved him, he wouldn't have wanted me to stress about making it to Utah. I have no regrets staying and I know that Grandpa helped me make that decision.
Back to camping....
We found a toy hauler to rent Friday morning and while Tyson and Tage went to pick it up I went to the grocery store. Then we loaded up and headed to Flagstaff.
Tage was in complete heaven riding and riding and riding. We literally had to pry him off his 4- wheeler for each meal. Each morning the first thing that he would say is ask if he could ride. Ummmm, you have to get dresses first. "Oh, yea" he would say. There was one time as he went around I stopped him and asked if he wanted to play a game with me. He didn't even think twice and said "no" then he rode off a few feet, turned his head and said, "in a minute I will." When that minute came we sat down to play. But I think that it only lasted 10 minutes, then he asked if he could go ride again. Of course you can, Tage.
Tyson was enjoying it just as much. He really needed to get away and relax. Life has just been stressful for him. He loves the thrill that being behind a powerful, loud toys gives him.
My boys. Even Zeus is my boy. We couldn't forget him! Zeus was also loving being outdoors.
Look at those huge muscles!
Tage doing donuts
Taking a ride on Tom's Rhino. This is what I want next!
It would be so much fun for our whole family!
We met one of Tyson's friends up their who knew another person, who knew another person (following me?) anyway, we had about 6 trailers in our group and all socialized. It was fun!
This is a picture of our camp. Out in the middle of no where. Set up your trailer, and ride.
I absolutely love camping! I love the fresh air, pine trees, camp fire, enjoying Gods creation and everything!
Out for a group ride. Tom got us lost, but we found our way back to camp eventually.

This hill is called Cherry Bowl. Tyson went up it! There is a lot of other hills that have names. Ones that I liked were the Hundred Dollar Mountain, Thousand Dollar Mountain and Million Dollar Mountain. They are right next to each other and as you guessed, get bigger and bigger.

Ty at the top of Cherry Bowl. He said that it wasn't as steep as it looks. I sure ain't goin' to try it!

This hill is called Cherry Bowl. Tyson went up it! There is a lot of other hills that have names. Ones that I liked were the Hundred Dollar Mountain, Thousand Dollar Mountain and Million Dollar Mountain. They are right next to each other and as you guessed, get bigger and bigger.

Ty at the top of Cherry Bowl. He said that it wasn't as steep as it looks. I sure ain't goin' to try it!
Tyson and Tage out playing
Capturing a moment that Tage was not on his 4-wheeler. Blowing bubbles at Zeus.
We packed up and left Monday morning and headed back to the heat. I really enjoyed the overcast weather, and light sprinkles here and there. It was P E R R R R F E C T !!!!









1 comment:
Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!!
Post a Comment