Wednesday, May 27, 2009

R. LaMar Baird

Grandpa, I love you and will miss you deeply. You will forever be an example to me. I will always remember the things you have taught me, follow your example, and cherish each moment that I was with you. The last thing that you told me was that you were so proud of me, to set goals and follow through with them, and that you loved me. I love you too, and will try everyday to be like you.
Hard working, determined, precise, faithful, sweet, and loving. These are just a few words that I could use to describe my Grandpa.
The past 15 months have been hard for him. Some days better than others. There were times that we thought he was going to return to our Heavenly Father, but he would rebound, pushing forward. He was a Baird, what else could I say. But the last 3 weeks have been the most challenging for him. He fought till the end. Grandpa was not one to leave something unfinished. He was precise. And he left this earthly life fulfilling everything our Father in Heaven has asked him to do.

R. LaMar Baird
Born in Lewiston, Utah on July 23, 1933
Departed on May 19, 2009 and resided in Kaysville, Utah

Kaysville- Ralph LaMar Baird passed away May 19, 2009 at his home after courageously enduring a battle with mesothelioma (cancer).
Born July 23, 1933 in Lewiston, Utah to Ralph V. and Melba Obray Baird.After fulfilling an LDS mission in Western Canada, he married his eternal companion, Shirley Bright in the Logan Temple on November 2, 1956. To this union were born 2 sons and 4 daughters.
LaMar is survived by his wife; Shirley, son; Randy (Linda) Baird of Syracuse, daughters; Cindy Hardison of Layton, Laurette (Matt) Judd of Bountiful, TeRia (Bill) Gentry of Grantsville, Valerie Baird of San Diego, brother; Claine Baird of Richmond, 31 grandchildren, and 17 great grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his parents, his son; Terry, and son-in-law; Philip Hardison. A special thanks to Dr. Greg Miller, Amy, Kristine, and Mindi of Pinnacle Hospice for their love, service, and dedication.

No comments: