Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bulls Eye

Right between the eyes! Gary finally got an elk! Good Job!

With no luck last weekend, Ty decided to go back up to Utah for some more hunting. I'm sure that there was some frustration with not getting an elk so far, but Saturday night at about 6:30pm, Gary shot a six point Bull Elk! Finally, relief!
The boys quartered it up on the mountain leaving just the rib cage and the guts. I'm sure there was some happy coyotes that night! They got back down off the mountain and back to the cabin at about midnight. Exhausted I'm sure, but happy they finally got a kill.





Ty has been hunting with his Dad for 14 yrs. Some of the best memories Ty has with his Dad happened then and at the cabin. I can't wait until Tage is able to go hunting with Dad and Grandpa (Ty went out for a few hours last weekend with Tage, but said that Tage was too squirmy and loud. Guess we need to wait another year or two). Father and son bonding time mixed in with some manly hunting. Perfect! Memories, memories, memories!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a ten pointer... That's a huge elk.

Anonymous said...

Wow. thats interesting.
I like the part of the story about Ty bonding with his Dad. :)

just kidding - Congrats to Gary and Ty!

Jennifer said...

that is a big elk! you got some good pictures.

Parker Family said...

YAY!! Glad they were able to get one! My hubby starts his hunt in a couple of weeks, and this is all we talk about, watch on TV, etc, I will be glad when it is over :)