Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Camping trip

We decided to take advantage of the long Labor Day weekend and go camping!

We headed up North where it was cooler. I am so sick of this heat and ready for winter to arrive! Just outside Williams, AZ (2.5 hrs Northwest of us) we camped at Dogtown Lake. Such a pretty, peaceful place. I loved it! We also went up to the South Rim at the Grand Canyon for a few hours one day. (the Grand Canyon was only 1 hour more North)
He are some pictures from our Labor Day weekend get-away!

In town

Playing dead on the Grand Canyon Railway



Dogtown Lake
Horseshoes
Zeusie Moosie

Watching the boys fish as I sat in my camping chair enjoying the great outdoors.....
.....and watching my new friend Lizzie the Lizard
Reeling in the first catch of the trip. He cast it out himself, and reeled in in himself.
He was one proud boy

We kept the fish because Tage said that he would eat it for dinner. We ended up throwing it into the fire because he changed his mind and wanted a hot dog instead.
Cookin' dinner, eating roasted mellows, and telling ghost stories around the fire. Such fun times.
Dad and Tage
Mom and Tage
I just had to throw this in.....I couldn't stop laughing
On a hike around the lake. Tage is showing his muscles
The boys also liked to shoot the bb gun and Tage rode his 4 wheeler. That's what boys are all about right?!
Grand Canyon
Family shot
The boys
Mom and Tager

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and I love Tage's scary story! I couldn't stop laughing myself!

Anonymous said...

I think I have the "claw", what's gonna happen next?

zana said...

you have such a cute family!!! i swear you guys are adorable...thx for hanging with us this past weekend...it was soo fun...cant wait till next time:)