Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hunting bust

This past weekend Ty went up to the cabin in Fairview, UT to go elk hunting with his Dad and Uncle Bruce. This a tradition Ty has been doing for a long time now, but this year it was extra special because his Dad 'drew out' for an elk tag. This means that the get to hunt when the elk is out more and calling to the other elks. (This is so hard to explain when I know nothing about hunting) Anyway, usually it is the first weekend in October when this boy trip happens but because his Dad got this special tag they went this past weekend.
Bottom line it was a bust. No elk this weekend. They saw a five point and a six point but his Dad didn't take the shot on the six point. They went back the next day to the same area to find the six point again and he still didn't take the shot. Why? I don't know. Ty came home tired and sore and bummed. His Dad and Bruce are headed back out Thursday. If by Friday they still haven't got anything, Ty might fly out for another elk hunting weekend.

Tage also went to Utah to visit his 'other Mom'. He said he had fun playing with his cousins.

Now do the math....that means I was home alone this weekend!! Well, Zeus and I. (Tage said that he would protect me. Ahhh, cute) I spend a lot of quality time with 'mans best friend' and watch a movie every night. Pure relaxation and jammies all day! Wahoo!

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

Sounds relaxing!! I love to watch movies in my pjs during the day, wish I could do it more often!! I just end up watching cartoons, disney chanel and Barney! Me and my little guy sing Barney songs all day.....ya, sounds fun... huh! :)