Way back when on January 11, 2005 I met Tyson on a blind date. We were set up by my friend Whitney who was dating one of Tysons friends at the time. I was at a time in my life where I did "just dinner" dates. Nothing else.
We met at Whitneys house, (I usually met the guys at places to make it more casual. Especially on a blind date.) and doubled with Whitney and Park for dinner at El Matador. (A yummy mexican restaurant in Bountiful) We had casual conversations, the get-to-know-you questions that happen on every first date. Amongst all the questions I found out that he had been married and has a son who was going to turn 2 yrs old the next month. HOLY CRAP I thought. What am I doing getting interested in a guy that has not only been married but has a kid?! We ended up all going back to Whits house and playing pool. (So much for my "dinner only" huh) At the end of the evening we said our good-byes and he didn't get my number! Oh, well I thought. I don't care. Just another date. Whitney called Park up (who was with Ty) and asked a million questions of what he thought about me and why he didn't get my phone number. She pretty much just gave Ty my number without him asking for it. Ty called me I think the next day and we went out 2 days after that.
For 5 months it was constant seeing each other and talk of marriage. I even picked out my dream wedding ring. I went on a family vacation with his family to Dinosaur Land in Vernal, UT and the day we came home he dumped me. WHAT?! I know, I know I was devastated! We didn't talked for a few months and then one day out of the blue I get a text message from him. Just a simple how are you text. That confused the heck out of me. I had moved on and thought I was over him. We continued text messaging for a month or so every once in awhile then it became a phone call added to it every once in awhile to eventually we were talking again almost daily and seeing each other again. Tyson moved to Flagstaff, AZ in the fall of 2005. Taking a job opportunity for Chase Bank as the Northern Arizona Area Manager for Business Banking. A good business move I think. I was still dating other people and would see him when he came up for the weekend. I wasn't about to jump right back into that relationship just for him to dump me again and break my heart again. NO WAY! In May 2006 he wanted to know if I was going to give him another chance. I said yes and stopped dating anyone else.
On July 8, 2006 he proposed. He proposed after dinner on the grounds of La Callie restaurant. I kept interrupting him then finally he just got down on one knee and asked me. Let me just add it was NOT with my dream ring I picked out the first time. Completely different and totally a surprise. He picked it out all by himself. All I thought when I saw it was "holy diamonds". But I loved it.
On Sept. 25, 2006 we got married at Rose Sachs Gardens up Parley Canyon in Salt Lake. It was beautiful. Simple, but beautiful.
Now we are still in love 3 years later. That is "Our Love Story".


6 comments:
That was way fun to read about you and Ty! Thanks for sharing, I will have to do this on my anniverary next year! Glad you have a great ending to this story!!
Great story! I never knew all of that! Interesting. You guys work fast. It took Brian almost 4 years to ask me.... Love the story. Thanks for sharing.
I don't think I've ever heard that whole story before! That is a cute love story.
You make the most beautiful bride. I have never seen Tyson smile bigger in pictures so unless you had a threat on his life to smile, it must have been a pretty happy day for both of you!!!! Cute couple!
Great Story! :)
Thanks for sharing.
Happy Anniversary!
A whirlwind of love :)
Jason and I were engaged a year after our first date and married 8 months later.
I wouldn't have it any other way!
Post a Comment