Thursday, September 23, 2010

The First Night

Didn't go so well.

The boys left the hospital around 9:00pm. I think that I got a little bit of sleep until 10:00pm. Emmry would not stop fussing. I would try feeding her, nope, that didn't work. Change her diaper, nope. Lay her on my chest skin to skin, nope. Walk around, nope.

I had my first melt down. I cried. I walked around the hospital room trying to comfort her singing 'A Child's Prayer' and 'I am a Child of God' over and over again. I cried some more.

Finally around 2:00am I got her settled by lying with her skin to skin next to me and we slept side by side until 4:00am.

I know that there are going to be a million more melt downs, long exhausting nights and primary songs sung for comfort, but I will gladly take those moments as long as I can keep her forever.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

OH! You made me cry! There are some exhausting nights but my favorite part about those nights are being able to hold her and make sure she's alright.

Sara Hadlow said...

i still have meltdowns with kate...luckily they just aren't in the middle of the night anymore and are usually because the house is a disaster and kate won't listen to a word i say and is doing something she shouldn't....but now i get to have them at all hours again with megan. :)