The nurse began asking a million question that I had already answered in my pre registration packet. What was the point of filling all that paperwork out before I thought. She checked me and said that I was dilated to a 5 and 100% effaced. Oh good I thought, she isn't going to send me home. She hooked me up to monitors around my belly to watch the heart rate of baby. From there we went to a delivery room and got me all situated, checked me again and got an IV hooked up. I was also having lots of nausea (already threw up once downstairs and several times already in the delivery room) so she gave me some medicine to help with that too.
In between contractions with my barf cup handy
The Dr. who was working that shift came in and introduced himself. He said that there was a few other deliveries and that after I got the epidural he would come back in and check me. I got the epidural when I was dilated to a 7. Ahhhh, relieve. I was worried about not feeling my legs, but it ended up being ok. I was ready whenever they were.
While we were waiting for the Dr., we thought that we should figure out a name for her.
While we were waiting for the Dr., we thought that we should figure out a name for her.

Since there was 4 other deliveries all at the same time the nurse told me that possibly Dr. Fara would deliver mine. Dr. Fara had been called into help and I'm glad he was! He was actually a Dr. that I considered going to in the first place and was in the same office as my Dr., Dr. Teresa Malcolm. So I felt good about him delivering my baby!
Dr. Fara came in and I started pushing at 11:30am. 12 minutes of some good hard pushes and she was out at 11:42am. Sunny side up. (That is what they call it when the face is up not facing down like they normally) I reached down to take hold of her tiny body and brought it close to mine. She was beautiful. I kissed her for the first time on the head and told her that she was beautiful and perfect. Then said a silent prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for such a wonderful blessing. From there on I just held her close, kissing her a million and one times. I was in complete dreamland. Then the nurses took her to clean her up a bit, weighed her and measure her.
6 lbs 11 oz
19.5 inches long


Dr. Fara told me that usually when babies are sunny side up they take much much longer and sometime end up being a C-section, so he was really impressed. And I was relieved. He told me I was a pro and didn't believe me when I told him that she was my first (but I'm sure he tells that to all his first time patients just to make them feel good).
Happy parents
Proud Dad
Tage came to the hospital a few hours later and was so excited to meet his little sister.

A little side note: I loved delivering at Del Webb! All the nurses were wonderful, especially Terri who was with me from delivery on throughout the whole first day. She was great!
I was in complete dreamland the whole day. (Still am) I just couldn't get enough of her and could kiss her and cuddle her forever.













1 comment:
Man you look really good! I wish I looked like that after having Emma! there is a diffence in having a baby in the middle of the night like me! I am glad everything went well! She is absolutly a doll!
Post a Comment