Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Birthday Cake

Today was my sweet friend Patsy's 29th birthday! Patsy and I do a lot together. She tells me she goes through 'Cherice' withdrawals if we don't talk/get together at least once a week. We joke around that we are each others only friend. But in all seriousness we actually are. Neither one of us hang out with too many other people or have play dates with others as much as Patsy and I do. Emmry is 6 months older than Bailey and the girls get along so well with one another. It's perfect. As Emmry would say, "a tatsy a too?!" translated that would mean, "And Patsy too?!" Yes Emmry, Patsy and Bailey too. We love them both. So grateful for by best friend. (We call each other BFF hahahaha)
Anyway, when they came over for Trey's birthday bash, Patsy thought the cake was super cute and I told her (kind of joking really) that I would make her a birthday cake. She quickly said "really?! Ok!" So I was committed. I had to make her a birthday cake. It was hard to come up with what to make. Funny, serious, dumb. it took me awhile to figure out what. But I decided on a fairy/doll/Barbie cake. Whatever you want to call it. I thought it turned out really cute. And it was really easy! But when it came time to give it to her I was a little embarrassed. Maybe it was too little girlish. I should have pulled the funny card and did a sports car or something and said 'happy sweet 16' hahaha. Oh well. She really liked it. And I told her that her real present was the Barbie inside it. We both laughed.
I'm really liking this cake decorating kick I've been going though. It's fun!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Seriously loved the cake!