I tested out a recipe for a chocolate cake that doesn't have any eggs, milk or butter in it. Crazy huh!? I'm making a cake for a friend tomorrow and her daughter is allergic to eggs so I want to find a recipe for a cake that she could eat too. This Depression Cake is also known as Wacky Cake or Crazy Cake. It is wacky/crazy that it doesn't call for any dairy in it (which is great for anyone that has allergies!) but I like the name of Depression Cake because it was a cake commonly made during the Great Depression because the dairy items were either too expensive or hard to come by. So I'm going to call it Depression Cake. I guess they also call it Depression Cake because you actually do make depressions or 'holes' in the mix before you put the water in. So I guess depression has dual meaning.
Well, the cake surprisingly turned out pretty darn good! I was surprised! Flavorful, moist and delicious! Yay!
The cake had only been out of the oven for 30 minutes and between the kids and I it was already half gone! Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner for the birthday cake I'm going to make!
Seven Minutes
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment